Combining Essential Oils with CBD Oil: Maximizing What You Have
Combining Essential Oils with CBD Oil: Maximizing What You Have
Description: Essential oils have many uses, as well as a potential healing power. CBD oil is also popular substance that people have used alongside their health symptoms. Learn all about the unique properties of the essential oils and CBD oil combinations and their effect on your body.
Let's talk about the most beneficial combinations of CBD and essential oils, and for what purposes they are used.
The Synergy of Terpenes and Cannabinoids
What is CBD oil? Hemp produces terpenes in the same way that it produces cannabinoids (e.g., THC or cannabidiol). Terpenes are one of the leading CBD oil ingredients - an oily substance that gives certain cannabis varieties different flavors - citrus, berry, mint, coniferous, etc. Medical research on cannabis is usually focused on cannabinoids, and very little is known about the aromatic components of the plant. However, the crumbs of information that scientists have collected are enough to understand that terpenes are the next frontier in research on hemp's healing properties.
Essential oils also contain various terpenes. In combination with CBD, these elements have a positive effect on the human endocannabinoid system and enhance each other's effect. Thus, by mixing CBD oil with essential or base oils, you increase each impact of the components, which will bring more CBD oil benefits in general.
What are The Effects of Essential Oils and CBD Oil Combination?
Properties depend on the type of plants, the part used growing conditions and the method of their production. Simultaneously, their quality, composition, and aroma will ultimately be different. Here is the main difference between essential oils and CBD oil. Most essential oils have similar properties, but each one has its exceptional qualities:
- The antibacterial property is inherent in most types of essential oils. With this property, essential oils can affect different types of bacteria and fungi. These include oils of thyme, cloves, oregano, anise, basil, bergamot, lemon, grapefruit, juniper, lemongrass, etc.
- The anti-inflammatory property is also characteristic of many types of essential oils. Due to this property, essential oils, combined with CBD, can provide the quickest skin regeneration in case of damage, and reduce vascular permeability. Bright representatives are oils of chamomile, yarrow, bergamot, ylang-ylang, lavender, juniper, tea tree, etc.
- The antiseptic property is also the benefit of combining essential oils and CBD oil. It helps to effectively combat bacterial and viral infections. They are oils of marjoram, tea tree, niaouli, anise, orange, bergamot, cloves, lavender, juniper, mint, petitgrain, patchouli, eucalyptus, etc.
- The anesthetic property helps to eliminate various problems associated with headaches, insomnia, or nervous exhaustion. Oil of peppermint, lavender, blue spruce, immortelle, jasmine, balsam fir, and others, possess such properties.
- The expectorant property helps facilitate the release of sputum, exerting a reflex effect on the bronchi's mucous membrane. These include oils of eucalyptus, anise, turpentine, etc.
- The antioxidant property helps to slow down the signs of aging, improve blood circulation and lymph flow, and stimulate cellular respiration. These include oils of dahlia, millennium, Siberian juniper, fir, etc.
- Regulate insomnia - oils with warming, calming properties. These include lemon balm, frankincense, rose, peppermint, cypress, bergamot, sage, sandalwood, and juniper oils. Essential CBD oil is also great for better sleep.
How to Take CBD Oil in Combination with Essential Oils
Essential oils enhance CBD oil massage's healing properties, improve skin condition, and affect the nervous system. A combination of different essential oils with CBD oil will have different pharmacological effects. So, cloves accelerate heating and stimulate blood circulation. Nutmeg relieves rheumatic pains, citrus fruits break down adipose tissue, and rose, jasmine, and sandalwood have a calming effect. When adding CBD oil to the selected mixture, you will receive a pleasant bonus in muscle relaxation, relieving joint and muscle pain, or pain of a different nature.
Recipe for a massage mixture: 3-5 drops of essential oil +5 drops of CBD oil + 10-15 ml of base oil (for the body - peach, olive, apricot, almond; for the face - jojoba, macadamia, avocado). You may use your personal CBD oil dosage if needed.
During the massage, give preference to soft circular movements, pay special attention to painful areas.
Inhalation with essential oils and CBD oil is an excellent remedy for influenza (thyme, ginger), bronchitis (eucalyptus, pine, thuja), stomatitis (orange, calendula), as well as for cleansing the face (oregano, tea tree). Such inhalations relieve unpleasant symptoms and improve overall airway immunity; they have many benefits connected with CBD oil and mental health.
People with asthma and other severe diseases of the respiratory tract should inhale under a physician's supervision.
Apply a few drops of the mixture to a cloth or paper towel. Inhale through the nose evenly and deeply for 5–10 minutes.
If there is, use a special inhaler.
If there is no inhaler, add 2–4 drops of the mixture to a hot water container. Cover your head with a towel and inhale the vapors for 5-10 minutes. It is recommended to carry out the procedure with eyes closed.
Aroma compresses with CBD help relieve pain in the joints, back, and soft tissues. Cannabidiol penetrates through the skin to the problem area and has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antispasmodic effects. For chronic diseases, consult a doctor about the possibility of using aromatic compresses with CBD.
Cold compresses are useful for tumors, sprains, bruises.
Moisten a flannel or other cotton cloth with cold water and apply 3-5 drops of a mixture of essential and CBD oils to it.
Attach to the damaged area. Secure with an elastic bandage.
Or prepare a mixture of necessary CBD oil and essential oils (30 ml of 15 drops of CBD), soak the tissue in it, and attach it to the body's diseased part.
Warming compresses treat chronic diseases, and they relieve pain and inflammation. They are useful for rheumatism, osteochondrosis, and radiculitis. The rules are the same, only warm water is used, and the compress is wrapped.
Each essential oil is unique and includes at least hundreds of active substances that affect the human body at the physical, chemical, and psychological levels. Essential oils can be used as an external agent, for internal use, inhalation methods, etc. Each of them can have a beneficial effect on any specific organ or system of the body, serving as a stimulant or sedative.
The combination of essential oils with CBD enhances each component's positive effects, providing the most favorable attention to the body.
Try this mix and tell us about the results. Which essential oil in combination with CBD is your favorite?
Author’s Bio: Chele is a professional content writer with a quite unusual hobby. She likes to experiment with different organic components, finding the best ones for various use, including medicine and culinary. Chele loves to mix essential oils and learn their impact on multiple aspects of human health.